Young women aren’t the only ones interested in plastic surgery these days! The shame and guilt behind getting plastic surgery used to be high, but nowadays, enhancing your looks through surgery is common and even encouraged by many. Even still, some older generations may be still wary about the idea of getting cosmetic surgery. But there’s no need! As long as you are healthy and don’t have underlying conditions, surgery is still possible for those after 50. There are also many non-surgical aesthetic procedure options available.
For many people after 50, the goal is not to look vastly different. In fact, many seek to simply look like a younger version of themselves. For this reason, anti-ageing procedures are the most common. These procedures will tighten and lift the skin, and get rid of stubborn fat. If you’re still debating on whether or not you should book your consultation, here is information about the most common cosmetic surgery procedures for older adults:
- What it is: a non-surgical procedure that injects a purified protein produced by the Clostridium Botulinum bacteria into the skin.
- Benefits: temporarily inactivates the muscles that produce wrinkles. It is quick and results usually last for three to six months.
- What it is: a surgical procedure that removes excess skin, fat and muscles on the eyelids.
- Benefits: repairs drooping, sagging skin and can reverse the signs of ageing around the eyes.
- Cost: $3,000 – $9,000
- What it is: a surgical procedure that removes excess skin and fat, and smooths deep folds in the face.
- Benefits: Reduces signs of ageing and transforms the face.
- Cost: $15,000 +
- What it is: a neck lift is a cosmetic procedure that reduces excessive neck skin.
- Benefits: corrects the saggy neck skin as a result of ageing or weight loss, ageing, genetics, etc.
- Cost: $9,000 +
- What it is: a surgical procedure that uses a suction technique to remove fat from different parts of the body.
- Benefits: transforms the body by evenly removing stubborn fat in almost any area of the body.
- Cost: $2,500 – 6,500 +
- What it is: a surgical procedure that changes the appearance of the nose.
- Benefits: improves the looks of the nose and enhances self-confidence.
- Cost: $10,000 +
- What it is: a surgical procedure designed to tighten loose and flabby skin.
- Benefits: gets rid of sagging skin caused by weight loss, ageing, or genetics.
- Cost: $6,500 – 9,900 +
- What it is: a surgical procedure to raise and reshape sagging breasts.
- Benefits: lifts large, sagging breasts making you look younger and smaller.
- Cost: $8,500
Thinking About Getting Cosmetic Surgery?
Barrie Plastic Surgery Clinic is here to help you look and feel your best! Our surgical and nonsurgical procedures will enhance your natural looks and boost your confidence. Our educated and talented staff will guide you through the process to ensure that you are informed and feel safe. Contact us today to book your consultation.